Leading Teams & Chartering Alternative Paths
Wednesday, December 13, 2023
9:00 am to 3:30 pm CT
PLEASE NOTE: We request that each participant participate from his/her own computer and use a webcam. This will allow you to participate in the breakout group discussions that are an important part of the learning experience.
Registration deadline is November 22nd
RWHC Member & Affiliate Member:
$175 per person
$210 per person
Fee includes program materials.
RWHC is approved as a provider of continuing health education by the Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Education and Training (WISHET). RWHC designates this activity for up to 5.5 contact hours (0.55 CEUs) of continuing education for allied health professionals.
Corrie Searles, MPT, Leadership Development Educator
With her 20+ years of experience in leadership both in and out of healthcare, her past roles have included leadership for therapy teams in hospitals, long term care, outpatient, and home health, as well as Cardiac Rehab, Occupational Health, Fitness Centers, and Stress Testing. Corrie has extensive experience in continuous improvement methodology and a passion for leadership development training. She has a Master ’s in Physical Therapy, a Certificate in Organizational Leadership, and a Certificate in Customer Service & Leadership training with Achieve Global. She is certified to teach Crucial Conversations through Vital Smarts in addition to being a certified coach for Shift Positive 360.
Healthcare supervisors and managers, both experienced and new in their role
Designing a change requires great effort. Leading teams through change takes even more. How can you successfully address their apprehensions and concerns while simultaneously pushing initiatives forward?
This workshop is intended to support any leader with the various angles to consider as part of any change effort—the head, the heart, and the processes. How to communicate the changes, as well as how to move teams through the natural reactions to change are explored. It offers opportunity to practice an effective technique for addressing staff concern or resistance while also satisfying the objectives of whatever change is necessary for organizational success.
Participants will learn to:
- Apply Kotter’s change model to a current change initiative
- Explore ways to “direct the rider,” “motivate the elephant,” and “shape the path” using Dan & Chip Heath’s change processes
- Identify methods of reassurance to address fears associated with change
- Practice an activity that can be used with teams for reducing change anxiety and resistance
Consider taking this workshop if the following are mostly true for you:
- Your organization is about to make changes that will impact employees and you anticipate resistance or concern
- Processes or practices have needed to be updated, yet staff are struggling with adapting
- You’ve communicated changes yet the time for employees to adjust is taking longer than anticipated
- You’re not sure how to support your teams in the face of change
- You’re feeling worn down by constant changes and the level of advocacy it takes to bring your teams on board with them